NOT SCRIPTURE: Between humanity and the world that surrounds them


Author: M. Imam Al-Faqih

Size: 14.8 x 21 cm

Page: 383 pages

Publish Status: Independently Published

Date: 05 January 2024

About this book:

This book was written to coincide with a decade of my writing activities. I started writing in 2013. At the end of 2023 I started writing this book. Throughout those ten years, I learned and improved my writing. But that doesn't mean that I have stopped learning now. Learning is very necessary to keep our knowledge relevant. In 2013, November 15, I started writing my first non-fiction prose. Then May 27, 2014, I wrote my first prose fiction. On October 4 2015 I wrote my first poem. Of course what I mentioned first was based on personal desire, because I remember long before that I was asked to write poetry by my Indonesian teacher. That's a little about my story with writing activities.

As I mentioned before, I am constantly learning and updating my knowledge. Given evolving knowledge, I cannot guarantee that my writing will remain relevant. Apart from that, I also do not claim the truth of all the writings in this book. I can be wrong and wrong, therefore every input will not be rejected. A skeptical attitude is needed for a reader so as not to fall into fanaticism towards a particular idea. Remembering that life is very complex, everything has context and cannot be seen from one point of view. Therefore, double checking from various sources is very necessary.

This book simply, with all its shortcomings, tries to discuss humans, the human mind, human life, the human world, the human universe. All writings in this book are purely personal opinions based on experience reading various human thoughts. Therefore, I am very open to correction, considering that I can misunderstand the thoughts I read. This article is an understanding of these thoughts, in other words it is a summary of the thoughts I have read. I wrote this book in order to express my worries about humans and their world. Every problem related to these two things gave birth to this article.

This book is written in simple language and is not presented with in-depth or complicated discussions. This is done with the aim of reaching many people with a lower middle class way of thinking. Therefore this book is not created for formal and serious situations. But just a friend to think between the daydreams that occur after humans carry out various serious activities. That is also the reason why this book does not include references. The aim is purely to encourage thinking.

There are several writings in this book that are intentionally controversial, the aim is to shock our minds, and purely to make us think, in various forms, including criticizing this writing. There is absolutely no intention to corner any particular party, even though this article often criticizes the majority. This was done based on the assumption that generally the majority who grow stronger and become too strong tend to be arbitrary. That's roughly the content of this book.

Next, I want to thank all the humans who dedicate their lives to thought, so that they can influence me to start sharing what I know about these humans. I want to thank myself for choosing what I want without being influenced by the opinions around me. If I had stopped writing since I first discovered that my writing was never perfect, I probably would never have written this third book. I also thank my friends who are willing to spend their time discussing various topics that are also discussed in this book.

Last but not least. With this book, I want readers to develop a spirit of openness to all human thoughts. Because basically limiting various diverse thoughts is building a wall of separation between ourselves and the truth. Human thoughts throughout history influence how we see the world better. Therefore restriction to one thought is a very detrimental action.

 21:12, 28 Dec 2023

Comments